[dba-Tech] Norton Antivirus Activation

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:51:36 CST 2006

i dunno , i've used these products before and my general thoughts were
that they don't hold their own against quality products such as spybot
or adaware or even MS's antispyware. for firewalls, i still quite
prefer sygate. I haven't ran into something that is better for the
monies. tho now that symantec bought them only to kill the product.

On 3/15/06, John Bartow <john at winhaven.net> wrote:
> If any of you decide to try or buy Kerio Firewall or CounterSpy I'd
> appreciate it if you'd use my web pages to get there.
> http://www.winhaven.net/security/prevention.html
> Or
> http://www.winhaven.net/security/firewall.html
> Or
> http://www.winhaven.net/security/spyware.html
>
> I'm supposed to get some brownie points or something for users clicking
> there from my site :o)
>
> Perhaps a check even if you use it to buy the product. I never foresee the
> day that enough people do it to actually make the check worth printing but I
> am just interested to see how this web click for pay thing actually works
> out. If it pans out we may consider doing something akin to this on the
> Database Advisor's web site.
>
> John B.
>
> PS Since I recommend (and use) every product on my web site that is click
> for money I have no qualms about it. I won't sell anything I won't use!

-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!