[dba-Tech] Norton Antivirus Activation

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:59:31 CST 2006

John,
  You make an interesting case, I've used spysweeper and pest pastrol
on my system and found them that they were trying to clober my "wise
instalbuilder" product.  I use this product on a regular bais to
deploy my in house application.  I thought it odd that spysweeper and
pest patrol would find items in the wise folder and would try to
delete them... (things such as unwise.exe)

I used counterspy on a machine that was heavily plauged w/ spyware and
would be scheduled for an fdisk,... counterspy did not locate the
vumundo spyware that was on there.. for that matter neither did any of
the 3 freebies that I mentioned.. I had to search google to find the
fix.  So I can't refer people to pay for a product that won't help
them, instead i've directed users to products such as firefox w/
adblock and noscript.  this ensures that code can't run on sites that
are questionable.

and while I agree that sygate is dead as a product, i have yet to find
a suitable replacement for it.  I've used keiro but not in the recent
months that sunbelt has acuired it.  i may take another look, but i
can't recomend it at this time... I found that while surfing you can't
completely stealth your system w/ it.  and the last time I used it you
could only granularly allow programs through on the paid version.

--
-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!