[dba-Tech] Boot off of D: drive

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Nov 17 14:27:36 CST 2006

There are migration utilities that do fair job of this. Not 100% though. The
best I've used recently is CA's DNA.

I have moved some applications manually by moving the folder and then
redirecting the references in the registry to point to them. A find and
replace utility for the registry helps a lot. Before doing that I would
definitely backup the registry and copy rather than move the application's
folder. Then just rename the app's original folder. Edit the registry and if
all fails restore your backup and rename the original folder.

I would suggest uninstalling the app and reinstalling to the new drive
though. I think you would come out ahead time wise.

Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you.