[dba-Tech] Mail List

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Apr 20 18:03:56 CDT 2007

Yahoo groups etc are all right, but they have there drawbacks.

One option is to set up a Mercury mail server (http://www.pmail.com) on a
PC and run the list(s) yourself, takes a bit of tweaking but it doesn't
cost anything and gives you complete control of the list.

I've got several set up, contact me off-list if you want more info/help

On 20 Apr 2007 at 7:37, Rocky Smolin at Beach Access  wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> We have a group of Access developers that meets for breakfast on a semi
> regular basis.  One of them would like to set up a mail list so we could be
> in touch easier and the members could just reply to one address and everyone
> would get the message.  Right now we're doing 'reply all' - very 20th
> century.
>
> What the easiest cheapest fastest way to do this?  Something like Yahoo
> groups?
>
> TIA
>
> Rocky

Stuart