[dba-Tech] Mail List

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Apr 20 19:04:20 CDT 2007

Thanks Stuart.

Rocky

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Stuart McLachlan
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 4:04 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Mail List

Yahoo groups etc are all right, but they have there drawbacks.

One option is to set up a Mercury mail server (http://www.pmail.com) on a PC
and run the list(s) yourself, takes a bit of tweaking but it doesn't cost
anything and gives you complete control of the list.

I've got several set up, contact me off-list if you want more info/help

On 20 Apr 2007 at 7:37, Rocky Smolin at Beach Access  wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> We have a group of Access developers that meets for breakfast on a
> semi regular basis.  One of them would like to set up a mail list so
> we could be in touch easier and the members could just reply to one
> address and everyone would get the message.  Right now we're doing
>
> What the easiest cheapest fastest way to do this?  Something like
> Yahoo groups?
>
> TIA
>
> Rocky

Stuart