[dba-Tech] Outlook solution

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Wed Jan 24 15:59:16 CST 2007

Well, I hate to be a real ditz...

Outlook allows you to save your sent messages in either the sent messages
folder or the folder the message was replied to/forwarded from.

=======All my sent messages are saved in the Sent folder. I assume this is a
default setting.

So for instance, all of my mail gets sorted to client folders as it comes
in. If I reply to a message, that reply gets places in the same folder once
sent.

=======Not for me. All messages are saved in the Sent folder.

To accommodate have new messages stored in a specific folder you can create
rules that place them in their respective folders. Works just the opposite
of incoming rules.

=======I'm already downloading messages into specific folders.

I ran a quick Help check and didn't turn up anything helpful. I'm guessing
there's a property you set -- checked Options, didn't find anything.
Truthfully, I might be looking straight at it and just not recognize it.

Susan H.