[dba-Tech] Laptop and Norton

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 12:51:38 CDT 2007

John,

Well, I pulled Norton Internet Security out like a weed.  I downloaded
Registry Mechanic and let it do its free-version work...I'll advise
the owner to buy the full program to clear up the remaining
issues...but at least Word works!  I can open any document and the
built-in virus scan runs (presumably McAfee now that Norton has been
ripped out), and voilà!  There's the document!

That was kinda fun, actually, destroying a software installation in
Safe Mode.  I hope that the .NET-style of application gains more
currency.  I'm really rather tired of the registry.

Steve Erbach