[dba-Tech] DVDs vs. CDs

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jun 16 15:43:48 CDT 2007

And the answer is...

A dvd will store the data, but you have to get software to burn it.  CD
burner software comes with Windows XP.  Given the storage difference, it
would probably make sense to spend less on DVD disks and buy software that
can save files to DVD.  Plus fewer disks to store etc.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting