[dba-Tech] Troubleshooting network issues

Jon Tydda jon at tydda.plus.com
Tue Mar 20 16:40:11 CDT 2007

Ethereal is always mentioned, and I can't remember the name of the other
one... It'll come to me. They're both free, and both easy to use, although
the reports in Ethereal are a little difficult to decipher sometimes.
There's a LOT of traffic out there that you just don't see.

Probably the easy way to track down a dodgy NIC is to unplug things on the
network until it goes quiet... Then check that pc for spyware etc, it might
not be the NIC causing all the traffic.

Jon