[dba-Tech] Where's the Exit document icon in Word 2007

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Nov 13 11:41:23 CST 2007

Hi Susan,

I looked into the tutorial for finding 2003 commands in 2007 - it sent
me to the Microsoft button and "close" from that menu.  While I was
looking, though, I thought I spotted the same close document x that I'm
used to in the sample 2007 document.  Maybe not.  My guess is that
you'll do best to add the "close file" button to the appropriate options
group in the ribbon.  What used to be Tools>Customize is available, they
say, from the Microsoft button and Word Options, from there you can get
to the Customize choices.  I know I will be doing that as soon as I cave
in and install Office 2007.  I already always did that on my standard
toolbar in 2003: put the "close file" button right next to the "open
file" button.  It makes my life easier.

I have a lovely document listing in a table format all the commands
carried out with CTRL and SHIFT and ALT (and combinations of them) with
all the Function keys - it is correct for Word 2000.  I crafted it from
the help listing.  I guess it's time to try to do that again for the new
version.

Regards,
Tina