[dba-Tech] Corrupted Word file

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Thu Oct 25 11:57:12 CDT 2007

Propane generator? That sounds interesting. Which one and how much?
Autostart meaning it comes on automatically when the electricity goes
off? How hard was it to connect to the house?

Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of jwcolby
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:32 AM
To: 'Discussion of Hardware and Software issues'
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Corrupted Word file

LOL.  Even that only lasts an hour or two though.  My office is in my
home
and I lost power for a full day.  Lost a day's work in the process and
even
worse had to admit to the client that I was down and unable to help
them.  I
bought a generator that starts when the power goes off.  I am now back
up
and running in 25 seconds supposedly, though the propane line has a tiny
leak I think, so it takes about 45 seconds and 4 tries for the autostart
actually get the generator started.

Now... will the cable company supply me internet in a major blackout?
Probably not but at least I can tell my client "it isn't me".

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting