[dba-Tech] Corrupted Word file

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Oct 25 12:48:01 CDT 2007

Jon,
Problem with the store front purchases is that it may have a battery that
has been sitting for some time. So your battery probably wore out. The other
thing that can happen is that the surge circuitry gets damaged - but that's
better than the PC getting damaged.

We have a chain called Batteries Plus that will install a new battery for
you at much less than the cost of the manufacturer's replacement battery.
Plus they'll take the old one off your hands (we're required to recycle here
so recycling the batteries is a cost/hassle I don't need). Last one I
replaced in a lower end UPS was $11.

Belkin, CyberPower and a number of other brands sell lower end units for
home use too.