[dba-Tech] Corrupted Word file

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Oct 25 11:38:20 CDT 2007

Hi Jon

We use both APC and PowerEdge. PowerEdge has a sexy 1U unit in 500/1000/1500VA versions which is really cool if the client has 19" rack mounted servers.
Most UPS'es for server use features replaceable batteries, remote control, web interface etc.

/gustav

>>> jon.tydda at alcontrol.com 25-10-2007 18:27 >>>
I had a small APC ups that I got for under $30 (£15 at the time), reduced from $90. It's lasted for nearly two years, but gave up the ghost the other night. Sometimes it would randomly turn off, sometimes it would start beeping as if there was a problem, and the only way to stop it was to turn everything plugged into it off, turn the power off at the mains, and restart the UPS, which was somewhat annoying, especially that time it did it at 4am...

On Monday night however, it jsut turned off and wouldn't come back on again. I'm going to go and buy another one, but I don't really want to spend a massive amount of money on it if it's going to die in another 2 years...

Any suggestions?

Jon