[dba-Tech] AVG 8.0

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sat Apr 26 14:49:34 CDT 2008

Hi Jon,
It's the new feature the security co. seem to be adding these days aka "Web
Inspectors". When CA first included it in their Security Suite I would turn
it off because it caused a drag on the loading time (seconds not minutes
though). Now I turn it on for most clients. It is much improved and although
initially it causes some delay, it is worth the performance hit and it does
improve over time. Apparently they set up a better server for the
information and they cache it or add it directly to a local database now.

I haven't tried Grisoft's yet. I would imagine they're going through the
same type of implementation pains.

John B.