[dba-Tech] AVG 8.0

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 26 17:59:38 CDT 2008

Thanks for the heads up, Jon. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jon Tydda
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:11 AM
To: 'Discussion of Hardware and Software issues'
Subject: [dba-Tech] AVG 8.0

Last night I got a notification telling me that I was eligible for a free
upgrade to AVG version 8.0 from 7.5 (as I was a registered, paid for user).

DON'T DO IT!!!!

It's made surfing the web SO slow it's unreal. It's taking minutes at a time
to open web pages, and that's with the bad link detection stuff all turned
off. Everything else on the PC is fine, it's just web surfing. I'e disabled
Web Protection from within AVG, and even gone into the add-ons manager in IE
and disabled anything that says AVG in there. No help at all :-(

I'd trying to check on the grisoft page, but I've been waiting 5 minutes for
it to open...

Not my idea of fun :-)

Jon