[dba-Tech] Compose email containing HTML

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:35:17 CST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 3:06 PM, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to compose an email message that is composed entirely
> of HTML with some images embedded? I assume that the email client will be
> Outlook (I haven't met the client yet). I also assume that the given message
> will be sent to lots of people, perhaps individuated with a typical "Hello,
> John. Here is your latest..." I know how to send the same message to dozens
> of people from Access to Outlook, but that's text-only, not HTML + pics.

Can't say I can do it from Access/Outlook, but I did write a Python
script to do it on a Linux server with access to the actual mail
server.

What I can say is make sure that you format it correctly with all the
MIME parts, and don't forget to include a Plain Text part for those
that despise HTML mail, such as myself. :)

I would send you a couple of links that helped me out when I was doing
it, but may laptop HDD crashed Monday morning, causing me to lose all
my favourites. Here are a couple anyway that I just dug up from my RSS
Reader:
http://blogs.sun.com/chienr/entry/plaintext_vs_html_email
http://www.bensmawfield.com/blog/?p=6
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/archives/2007/09/why_we_need_web_standards_supp_1.html