[dba-Tech] Update on WHS corruption bug

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 12 02:35:34 CDT 2008

Hi Jim

This is an example where it could have been an advantage to run it in a VMware virtual server, as this can take a snapshot of the complete installation before you apply anything new - patches, updates, new install, config changes etc.

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 12-03-2008 04:03 >>>
Hi John:

Good for you John. Sometime these guys at MS get just too cocky.

I am embroiled in a problem with my IIS server. After downloading and
installing the latest Server2003 File System Objects package, my IIS stopped
supporting ASP

Two weeks later ASP still did not work so finally I phoned MS. After a
numbers of visits, about 5 hours logged, two senior techs have ran out of
solutions, on the incident and a third fellow will be phoning tomorrow. So
far ASP will now display a web site but can not connect to a SQL server yet.
There is a third piece to the puzzle that the ASP mail no longer works but
as it was only just discovered they will not allow it as part of the single
incident. Considering the problem was cause by one of their products it
seems that I am paying for their mistake.

The last time I phoned for help with product (1998-1999) from MS was when an
IE version crashed (timed out in download... as their servers were over
taxed) half way through an install. I had to re-install the server to fix
that one. It was on my main NT server and again the incident was caused by
one of their applications.

Now I fell better.

Well you should have everything running by June... race you.