[dba-Tech] Multiple versions Access on one machine - Was: VMfor different versions of Access

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Mar 28 12:54:11 CDT 2008

Hi John,

Yes, I will still need it.  Before I dive into taking apart my current
installation, I've come up with another idea.  Let's see if this one
makes sense.

I have my licensed Win98 and Win98-second-edition-update discs.  What if
I build a VM for Win98 and do all its updates - some probably won't be
available anymore, since MS stopped supporting it last June - then,
install Access 97 on that VM?

That way I have the thing I need to help my client - who sees absolutely
no reason at this time to buy new software - and I don't have to take
apart my current Office 2003 installation.

Please send up a signal if this is a bad idea.

Tina