[dba-Tech] Vista and Access 2003

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 5 06:16:33 CDT 2008

Bob,

You need to look for the specials from Dell, as they come and go, and as
you can see the difference can be hundreds of dollars.  I read on one of
my many newsletters that if you buy the special "as is" Dell actually
takes a loss.  They price these things to get you to the web page,
expecting you to bump up the processor, memory, hard disk etc.  Once you
do they start making a profit.

The key is to not pay them for any hardware upgrade you don't absolutely
have to.  As an example the memory you can often come back later and add
for much less money than they charge you.  Adding a second hard drive
from Newegg is cheaper than adding one from them etc.