[dba-Tech] CounterSpy

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri May 9 10:05:52 CDT 2008

Just an FYI,
Sunbelt Software is planning on releasing a new product called Vipre. It is
the fruition of their goal to create an anti-spyware/antivirus all in one
that isn't a resource hog. As I've mentioned previously, Sunbelt completely
rewrote Counterspy for ver. 2 with this in mind, so its not just another AS
product with AV tacked on (or vice versa). I've been beta testing it on W2K
and WXP for about 2 months now without a (thankfully) single system problem.

It will be offered in a consumer product and enterprise product. The
detections/correction engine is the same in both but the management console
is different, of course. The enterprise management console allows for
centralized installation, configuration, update distribution and reporting.

Sunbelt's Counterspy and Vipre support are absolutely top notch.

John B.