[dba-Tech] Interesting software

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 30 05:59:34 CST 2008

Hi Stuart:

This most likely has been discussed at length here but I have been away for
a while and just have not had the time to dig through many of the
conversations.

At this moment I am putting together a new LAN for a client and there are a
number of systems all with an inter-related hand written POS (I have been
building it for almost 20 years on contract).

The application is an arcain piece which the client has been completely
happy with... and it does everything they need. The program rudely runs on
the current systems but tends to make a pig of it's self as its core has
little functionality designed to share its space.

The app is perfect for VPC. Now which VPC to use. MS VPC, VMWARE or
VirtualBox.

What is needed is a VPC which will allow an older OS and App to be able to
connect, print and mail across the LAN.

So which one is best?