[dba-Tech] Very OT and It's only Monday so forgive me

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:17:37 CDT 2008

There are two possible and similar appendages to a shirt. One is called an
epaulet and is situated on the shoulder. I think its original purpose was to
hold your gloves. It is a strip of cloth with a button near the collar. The
other is similar but is located on the sleeve of one's shirt, and its
purpose is to contain your sleeve when you roll it up. What is it called?

I've been puzzling over this for a couple of hours and cannot think of the
word, but I do know that there is one.

TIA,
Arthur