[dba-Tech] Very OT and It's only Monday so forgive me

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Sep 22 11:37:19 CDT 2008


You are talking about mechanical devices designed to retain another device.
Sounds like Tech to me!


-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Arthur Fuller
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 11:18 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: [dba-Tech] Very OT and It's only Monday so forgive me

There are two possible and similar appendages to a shirt. One is called an
epaulet and is situated on the shoulder. I think its original purpose was to
hold your gloves. It is a strip of cloth with a button near the collar. The
other is similar but is located on the sleeve of one's shirt, and its
purpose is to contain your sleeve when you roll it up. What is it called?

I've been puzzling over this for a couple of hours and cannot think of the
word, but I do know that there is one.

dba-Tech mailing list
dba-Tech at databaseadvisors.com
Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com

More information about the dba-Tech mailing list