[dba-Tech] lan node name

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 25 15:01:30 CDT 2009

Hi Peter:

If your Windows part of the network has an active directory setup you may
have to manually add your Ubuntu Server to the list. Also make sure that you
have the browse option set on in samba (see the article I previously posted)
if you what windows to be able to browse the Ubuntu shares.

For interest sake there is a new TermServer app for your Linux server:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPQuickInstall and
http://www.ltsp.org. I have not tried it yet so I do not know how good it is
a Linux guru friend recommended it.

Well good and good fun.