[dba-Tech] C & D Partitions

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Dec 7 09:47:15 CST 2009

I understand!

Thanks!
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Heenan, Lambert
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 9:08 AM
To: 'Discussion of Hardware and Software issues'
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] C & D Partitions

Sorry. Did not make myself clear.

As it happens I store the images on an external drive, but I could equally
well use the D partition for the image storage. However that is not ideal as
with an actual drive death (head crash or whatever) the D partition would be
inaccessible also. So an external drive is what I use. I assess that using a
bootable CD which has BartPE and DriveImage XLM on it.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ <= BartPE
http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

The D partition is simply used for data and it has its own backup process
which does not involve any image software. I use BackUp4All for my general
purpose, scheduled backups.
http://www.backup4all.com/

Lambert