[dba-Tech] Fw: Word calculating field question

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Dec 11 08:28:34 CST 2009

Hi Susan,

I'm not sure, but the hassles involved in doing any calculations in Word
are why I generally don't.  You can write formulas in a Word table cell
that refer to other table cells, but it's ever so much more difficult
than using Excel, and there's precious little guidance in the Help.  I
use bookmarks and cross-references often in Word, but usually for
location (page number) or for table of contents.  Another possibility
comes to mind - form fields.  Word has many of them - I usually use just
a few of those, as in "Click here and type the name" or whatever, and
check boxes.  Have you looked into those?