[dba-Tech] Vista looses frequently LAN connection and can't reconnect via DHCP

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 16 09:29:40 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav:

As the article(s) says it is an issue between older router equipment and
Vista. I have a client who has a couple of laptops that use Vista and an
older (3 years) wireless router. As soon as both of them try to connect
wirelessly connection start dropping.

I took the easy way out by just cabling both the offices and suggested that
they may look at a new WiFi router in the future. Now only if an individual
is wandering around the warehouse doing inventory do they use wireless.