[dba-Tech] PowerPoint Web presentation

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:06:15 CDT 2009

I have a few questions about a few options for saving a presentation as a
Web page. I have checked Help and the Web and found nothing. :(

To get to these options, do the following:

Choose Save As Web Page from the File menu.
Click Publish.
Click Web Options.

On the File tab there are 4 options:
Organize Supporting Files in a Folder.
Use long file names whenever possible
Update Links On Save
Check if Office is the default editor for web pages created in Office.

Now, I can guess at what these mean, but I really don't know for sure. PP
selects them all by default, so I guess Microsoft thinks they're the most
universally advantageous settings, but why? The organize supporting files in
a folder option makes no sense to me since you can save the presentation as
a single Web page, which organizes everything you need with the file -- so I
don't get what additional advantage this option might include.

On the Pictures tab, the default Monitor display setting is 800 X 600.
Again, why?

Everything else makes sense to me. Thanks for any hints at understanding
these settings.

Susan H.