[dba-Tech] PowerPoint Web presentation

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu May 21 12:12:19 CDT 2009

Good plan Arthur. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Arthur Fuller
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:36 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] PowerPoint Web presentation

Just a comment on the resolution part of this thread. Recently I have done a
couple of apps for government ministries here in Ontario and was mandated to
produce at that resolution. A potential development problem since I normally
use a much higher resolution. My approach was to set up a VM (using Sun's
VirtualBox) running XP and set to that resolution. Once I'd done that, I
learned to cope with this meager resolution, while also being able to run my
own stuff in my accustomed resolution. It worked like a dream. I named this
particular VM Gov, because that's how the government up here wants all their
apps presented.

A.