[dba-Tech] Extra .NETS

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Nov 10 15:01:57 CST 2009

As I understand it, they are like the old VB runtimes.  ie if you have a VB4 application and a
VB6 application, you needed to have both runtimes on your machine.   Same to a certain
extent with .net frameworks.

Here's a couple of pointers:

http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_net_framework_and_do_i_need_all_these_versions.html

and

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/07/20/multiple-versions-of-microsoft-net-
framework-in-add-or-remove-programs/

<quote>
In short, it is a must to have have .NET Framework 2 and 3 installed for 3.5. As for .NET
Framework 1.0 and 1.1, you can safely uninstall them. Do note that there are some
applications that are configured to use specific versions of .NET even though you have the
latest one installed. If you get that error, you can reinstall back the .NET Framework 1.0 /
1.1.
</quote>

--
Stuart