[dba-Tech] [dba-OT] LCD vs Plasma

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Oct 16 08:06:22 CDT 2009

I have a choice of which speaker system to use right on the TV's remote.
Presently I have just my headphones or the built-in speakers. I flip to
headphones and it shuts the other speakers down.

The other issue with sound systems is that newer ones have HDMI interface
cables which allow the different components to control each other (at least
in the Sony world). I'm fairly certain that I will eventually get a Sony
surround sound system and Sony Blueray player. (I'm waiting until they have
a Blueray player that plays and records to BR, DVD and CD that's in my price
range.) I'm in no hurry since "Leave it to Beaver" looks and sounds pretty
good right now ;o)

I didn't plan on buying a flat screen this soon either but situation
demanded it. We're now big TV watchers either. I think I've played Slacker
radio through it almost as much as watching shows.