[dba-Tech] [dba-OT] LCD vs Plasma

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Oct 16 18:34:18 CDT 2009

What made the useless ones useless?

From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Mark Breen
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 2:06 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] [dba-OT] LCD vs Plasma

Hello Rocky,
As many people have said here, there is an astonishing difference between
models.

I viewed three different models, all Sony and all recent models but some
were really useless.  I cannot imagine buying one of the useless ones.  I
suppose the usual rules apply, best the best you can justify on the day, and
never think about it again.

Do think about the sound though.  My brother in law bought the same TV as
me, and he is so frustrated when he comes to our house and hears the sound
from a decent set of external speakers.  I have no souround, and no
intention of getting them just simple left and right, but they are
originally from a HI system and I drive it with a 50 watt RMS amp and when
you turn it up, can you feel the concrete vibrate.  There is a sony souround
system but it is expensive.

Good Luck and enjoy.

You only buy a TV three of four times in your life, bit like a bed I guess.

Mark