[dba-Tech] External hard drive

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Sep 17 13:06:20 CDT 2009

Susan,

I do recommend that you do backup your entire C drive on a weekly basis,
with incremental backups daily.  This process should be automated.

This way you have duplicates of all your files, and you don't have to count
on yourself to remember which files were changed and which weren't.

In addition, if your C Drive crashes, you can quickly recover.  First put a
new C drive in.  Then start the PC using the Ghost emergency disk - I think
you can format the new disk with this (if not then format the new disk on a
working PC).  Then you can continue to use the emergency disk to do a
Restore of every file on the Backup disk, and you then have your PC right
back where it was at your most recent daily backup!

HTH!
Dan