[dba-Tech] Free "Mathematica" type software

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 10:35:36 CDT 2010

Thanks for the tips. I've looked briefly at Base and thought, yes, not to
brag, but I could bring a few things to their party, based on my experience.

In the words Michael Corleone, "I keep trying to get out, but they keep
dragging me back in." I have one remaining part-time client who asks for
enhancements every two or three months. It's only pocket change and I like
him immensely, and we've been doing this for about 5 years. Very complex
app, whose success causes him to expand his geographical horizons, which
expansion causes revisions dictated by Canadian provincial regulations: what
I call a symbiotic relationship, LOL.

I guess I won't be totally retired until I'm cremated, but the workload is
definitely down to a few hours per fortnight, and I like it like that.
Recently I acquired five seasons of "The Wire" on DVD. Not for everyone's
taste, to be sure, but according to my taste-scheme, this is possibly the
best dramatic series ever made for TV. I loved "The Sopranos" too, but this
baby leaves it in the dust. But that's just my off-topic opinion. Forgive
the senior moment :)

Arthur

Arthur