[dba-Tech] OS on Eproms

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Feb 28 14:55:41 CST 2010

Try googling "Windows Embedded"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb499284%28WinEmbedded.51%29.aspx

"A diskless system can boot from the following file system sources:
    * A storage device that does not have physically rotating media, but instead uses flash
memory or battery-backed RAM.
    * A bootable CD-ROM that uses the Windows Embedded Standard Enhanced Write Filter
(EWF).
    * A file system that is accessible through a network connection, for example, a system that
boots from a file system in a remote location.
    * ROM-based storage. "