[dba-Tech] Once and for all time: server backups

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:32:31 CST 2010

Rusty,

>> Yeah, it's slower to restore because you have to restore the OS first but
I'm getting good backups. <<

That just KILLS me!!  After all this time and all those myriad server
crashes over the years, one would think that a bootable backup drive would
be so desirable that companies would be screaming for that type of product.
 Is OS restoration followed by restoration of backup tapes or Windows
backups a plot by IT types to keep their jobs?

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI