[dba-Tech] Once and for all time: server backups

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 13 17:35:48 CST 2010

A couple of years ago I installed a version of Windows Onecare on one
station. It worked very well so I paid the $49.00 for a site licence and now
backup all my stations to the servers. When the backup process first runs it
builds a complete copy of your computer, on the backup computer and after
that just does an incremental backup. It also handles the virus and firewall
protection and does regular updates of itself.

I have heard nothing good or bad about the Onecare product as it seems to
float below the radar but it is just fine for me.

On the other hand the DeltaCopy product seems like an excellent
network/internet product/solution worthy of further investigation.