[dba-Tech] .js help?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 26 15:31:31 CDT 2010

Hi Kathryn:

I will make the assumption that it is as you say you are not a JavaScript
expert...

This piece of code is not that simple if you need to do some major changes
on it. It is not just JavaScript but JQuery...which is an advanced superset
of JavaScript. (Well worth learning if you wish to go that route...here is a
link to a basic doc tutorial site: http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials)

It would take a bit of time describe what you need. I will send you a
formatted version of the code so you can actually work with it
(http://www.sendspace.com/file/ra37g6).

If you do not already have a copy I would suggest Programmer's Notepad
(http://www.pnotepad.org/download/) as it is one of the easiest editors to
use.

Line 8 is where the JQuery JavaScript code is acquired (fron Google...
Google just supplies storage for the latest versions). Lines 25 is your CSS
script that is pushed straight into the page...so you can make any
adjustment you need there. Line 194 is your page Body code also pushed
straight into the page...this I would assume is where you make changes to
the layout and content. Most of the rest of the code handles the scrolling
and the menu...

That's the basics...hope it helps.