[dba-Tech] .js help?

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sun Sep 26 15:52:51 CDT 2010

> I will make the assumption that it is as you say you are not a
> JavaScript expert...
>
> This piece of code is not that simple if you need to do some major
> changes on it.

I know absolutely nothing about js or jquery. All I've done is search for
the colors and replace them. What I'm trying to ask is, is there something
in the .js that I'm using that does an on-the-fly update to the Tweets that
are embedded there - I previously said: "When I look at the .js that I
copied from Twitcker, all 9 Tweets are included there. Logic says that even
when my friend adds more Tweets, they won't be included because they are
being pulled from the .js instead of Twitter - which makes the whole thing
moot."

If there is something there that does this on-the-fly, then the only thing
to solve is why adding http://hivhope.net/ticker/HIVHope.js?count=6 didn't
change the number of Tweets showing.

What you sent looks even more complicated than the Twicker code, and *also*
has the Tweets embedded, so still has the on-the-fly question remaining.

Kathryn