[dba-Tech] Gmail - is there a preview pane option?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:13:25 CST 2011

I guess that I'm alone in my preference of Gmail over Outlook, but that's
probably due to factors other than the UI (Outlook crashing, losing track
of my PST files, etc.). I've been using Gmail for about as many years as
its life, and most of all I love its remote storage. Every message I've
saved for the past several years is there on the cloud, and I love that.
>From time to time, I import the Contacts to a CSV file to refresh my local
copy, and load that into Outlook simply because it prints pretty phone
books, but by and large I leave it to Google to save everything for me. It
has even happened that I couldn't locate a copy of a years-old app that
wanted some enhancements, so I searched Gmail and located the last Send Zip
File to the client of interest. Downloaded the file from Gmail, unzipped
it, did the enhancements, and fired it off to the client. This method is
far better than my having to remember which of a hundred DVDs contains the
last version. They're far better at Search than I.

A.