[dba-Tech] My Outlook is Screwed

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 03:50:17 CST 2011

Hi Rocky,

Google have a free "Gmail for Domains" service.  They call it Google Apps.

I have set up over 100 of these accounts for friends and neighbours in the
last couple of years.

You create an account with google apps (standard
edition<http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en-GB/group/index.html>is free
- you do not need the premium edition)

Google provide you with some unique data that you then upload to your domain
registrat (Go Daddy or whomever you use)
Google verify you own the account.
You create users in google for your domain eg, rocky.smolin at bchacc.com, or
max.smolin at bchacc.com
Optional step, You assign nicknames to the users, eg, Rocky, info, sales,
support, papa, themainman
then you go back to Go Daddy and change your MX records to point to google
servers.

No more backup, no more spam, no more email virus's, no more deleting files,
no more slow searching,

all email will come from  your domain as if you had an expensive exchange
server and it is all free.

Also, you have shared calendars and groups and a whole lot more.

You can leave your existing website where it is, no need to change that, but
in the future, you have the option of asking google to host the site also,
and then you have free hosting also.

As I mentioned, if you have any questions, just ask.

HTH

Mark