[dba-Tech] Word question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 12:57:04 CDT 2011

My copy of Word 2003 opens with hyperlink crap showing instead of just the link url or evaluated field results. I can't even copy an example, because it evaluates correctly even in an email.

You know how you toggle between an evaluated field and it's keyword and settings by pressing Shift+F9? Well, my fields always show the guts -- I have to press Shift+F9, but the document doesn't save it that way -- soon as I open it, the guts are back. This is driving me nuts (Okay, short walk... but still, show mercy!).

I have 2010 on the same system, it isn't experiencing the same problem, even  using the same template. Other people opening the files after me aren't experiencing this -- this is just something on my system. I've repaired Word, but that didn't help.

Any thoughts?
Susan H.