[dba-Tech] So long, Norman

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Mon Jun 4 16:20:36 CDT 2012

Haha. To some extent they were right ironically. There is a user error, if a person is willing to accept that their computer locks up all the time just because some dude couldn't figure out what the issue is... all the while, refusing any offers of help after that.

Saying that, sounds a lot like a dying hard drive. I have that problem at the moment on my own 6 year old laptop. SMART is swearing like a drunken sailor and the laptop will work fine until the hard drive hits a certain sector and then I get the dreaded click of death. click click click. So I'm going to have to replace the drive as soon as I get a chance, this time with an SSD! :D

- Hans