[dba-Tech] A DVR that skips over the ads

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue May 22 03:10:12 CDT 2012

Hi Rocky,

We hardly watch live TV any more.

Since I started using my laptop with a HDMI connection connected to the
TV's HDMI, we mostly download material using bittorrent, and watch whole
box sets.  It is amazing, on Sunday evening my son wanted to watch a movie,
I kicked off a download and less than 45 mins later, it was fully
downloaded and he watched it.

We have watched a bunch of Danish crime thrillers with english subtitles
that are taking the world by storm.  Really good stuff.

It is so weird now when we watch something live, the ads are quite a
surprise :)

It takes a bit of getting used to, but worth the experiment.

Mark