[dba-Tech] Windows 8 why?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Nov 23 07:18:56 CST 2012

Hi Shamil

Well, I've used Windows 8 from the beta and haven't missed the Start menu for a second. Of course, you have to learn to "hit the corners" but that comes quickly. One thing to learn, however, is not to switch off the computer, just touch the power button and it falls to sleep - touch again and it is ready in a few seconds.

The reference to 1992 is very good and explains why a GUI in 2012 cannot be based on a 1992 environment ... it's 20 years ago.

/gustav