[dba-Tech] Any of you work with XML docs in Word?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Nov 24 15:56:28 CST 2012

Word/Excel .docx and .xlsx documents are actually collections of compressed XML files.
Rename a word .docx to .zip,  open it in Widnows Explorer and poke around, you can
view/edit all of the individual XML elements which make up your document

But I don't think he is talking about viewing the raw XML in that way.  He may be talking about
View - Document Views - Outline where what you see is actually the XML tree and where you
can move elements around.