[dba-Tech] Run as Administrator

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 12 10:39:38 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur:

When setting up your desktop you should have two options; one join a domain
or join a workgroup.

If you have your own server, or running you station like a server then you
will have to have a registered domain and most likely your own server to
manage the domain and stations connected to it. If you don't have that then
don't bother. If in the future things change you can always add yourself to
a domain.

If you are just a stand-alone station, just create/join yourself to a
workgroup. Workgroup just suggest a peer to peer type relationship between
any other computers you may have in the network and no centralized security
or control. (Every station is equal) Note: You can always change it in the
future is things evolve.

Ultimate administration is run more on a command to command bases. If you
want to go in admin mode with a particular command, just enter in the
command you want in the input field "Search programs and files" and above in
the same panel, will appear the closest match(es) to the program you
entered. On the command you will be entering on, right-mouse-click and
select administrator from the properties options.

That error you are getting; is it on 0.0.0.0 or 0.0.0.80, which would
suggest an Apache error... Apache needs to always run in admin mode.

If you want to always run an application in admin mode, change setting
right-mouse-click on the application's .exe file, select the "Run this
program as an Administrator" check box, and then click OK twice.

HTH