[dba-Tech] Problems installing Apache2

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Oct 25 17:47:30 CDT 2012

Posting back to list as it is probably of general interest - a response to Arthur's off-list reply to
my previous posting:

To identify which program/service is using the port , look at the last column of the netstat
dump labelled PID and note the number beside the 0.0.0.0:80 line if there is one.

Then open Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, find the running process with a
matching PID (You may need to go into View-Select columns to ensure that PID is
displayed).  Then right click on the process and you can view all the properties of the
file/application.

You can alos go to the Services tab and find the service using that PID. That will give you the
service name and description.  Right clicking on the service and selecting "Go to Process"
will jump to the Process tab with the relevant entry selected.

--
Stuart