[dba-Tech] IIS Manager 7 on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 08:41:18 CDT 2012

I'm trying to follow instructions (from http://www.tim-carter.com) on how
to install PHP on IIS. But thee instructions say:

Go to the IIS Manager.
Click on Server.
Go to Handler Mappings.
Click Add Module Mapping. Enter these values:
Request Path : **.php*
Module : *FastCgiModule*
Executable : *C:\PHP\php-cgi.exe*
Name : *PHP*
*(It will ask you if you want to allow it to run, click yes.*
Click on the Server again.
Click on Default Document and add default.php in there.

A couple of questions:

1. I've looked in All Programs and in Control Panel but I can't find
anything called IIS Manager
2. I was under the impression that CGI was a thing of the past. Do I really
want to go there?

Maybe it's worth mentioning my goal(s). Ultimately I want IIS to support
both Javascript and PHP, and occasionally ASP.NET. I also want to install
Apache2 (on, say, port 8080) and have Javascript and PHP working there as
well. Can anyone provide some insight here?

TIA,
--
Arthur