[dba-Tech] IIS Manager 7 on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 27 10:12:07 CDT 2012

This depends on what OS you are using...

> control panel > administrative tools > computer management > service and
applications > internet information service

...or...

at the command prompt enter: compmgmt.msc /s

If you are using a station type/version PC then you would/might have to
install iis, windows servers/profession and ultima stations have iis
pre-installed.

Yes, php-cgi is a version of the past. When I first installed php the cgi
version was full of security holes...but things may have changed in ten
years.

An aside: when you get to computer management section check your events
viewer and all its section. You will be able to spot if there is any weird
things going on with your computer or loose ends to clean. Think of it like
cleaning your chimney; you may use a fireplace but it is easy to forget to
clean it once a year. ;-)

Well, the above is a start but it should be fairly straight forward after
that. I have done a number of php installs but not for a while so even I
need a refresher course.